Saturday 22 August 2015

Canapés for Mary Portas new shop

When I woke up yesterday I had no idea I'd be doing canapés for a new Mary Portas shop!


By chance I was in Wimbledon Village and saw the new Mary Portas Living & Giving charity shop for Save the Children.


I got talking to Lindsey who helps Mary set up new shops and organise their launches. 


When she heard I was a caterer she suggested I might like to be part of the launch and provide some canapés to go with the champagne coming from Hemingways Bar.

I've always had great respect for the work of Save the Children and love the passion Mary brings to her work. So I jumped at the chance of being part of it!

I met so many great people all giving their time and skills to support a good cause. On a beautiful day with 30C temperatures it just doesn't get better.

My canapés seemed to go down a storm with people spilling out on the street and even a horse from the local stables making an appearance!



I love the whole concept of a charity shop with a focus on style and design. I think it will do really well and hope to support further launches.

If you're in Wimbledon Village be sure to pop in!



No comments:

Post a Comment