Wednesday 19 August 2015

Blogging, heroes, teacups and jam

I'm new to blogging but have been inspired by my wonderful cousin Sally who has been blogging for several years and shares lots of her interesting ideas and experiences. So here's my first try...

I've always worked in the food industry and have recently decided to focus more on my own business doing catering for cafes, small events and private parties.

My first and greatest love is baking - I'm known for my scones (my grandmothers recipe) and also my quiches and tarts. My ethos is artisan, fresh quality ingredients, and making my customers delighted (and not stressed by their special event). Hence my business name artytarty foods...

I love cooking and trying new foods - I'm very inspired by Mediterranean flavours and the whole spirit and attitude that the French, Spanish and Italians bring to cooking and eating. I also love music, art and design and the way that food and lifestyle intertwines.

My food heros are Bill Granger, Yotam Ottolenghi, Antonio Carluccio, Rose Gray and Ruth Rogers.

My background and training means I can handle large scale events but also love doing individual pieces or small intimate parties.

This week I've been having great fun meeting up with old friends and getting some great ideas for sharing my passion for food (hence this blog).

I've also been digging out some beautiful vintage china to serve afternoon teas on.



I've had a glut of fresh figs and so have also been making jam - which I'll share the recipe for.



I plan to use this blog to share some of my favourite recipes, thoughts and ideas - and hopefully meet some like minded foodies.

I hope if you find it interesting that you'll get in touch and tell your friends.

Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment